4.09.2009

So here is the deal....

I have always been aware of recycling and such but since I had my son last October I have really become so much more aware of all the harmful things out there that I really want to try to protect him from. I truly believe the reason there is so much cancer and health problems out there is because we are poisoning our bodies with toxins in products that we use every day. My goal is to slowly evolve the lifestyle of me and my family so that we are living in a healthier environment. I am not planning on making any drastic changes right off the bat because this is a process and as I am ready for that next step I will go there.

Things I already do:
  • recycle paper, plastics, and metals
  • turn off lights that are not necessity
  • thermostat controlled by timer
  • energy efficient light bulbs
  • eat organic when possible/affordable
  • shop local farmers markets in season
  • have a vegetable garden
  • use filtered tap water and reusable bottles
  • breastfeeding

Things I am currently trying to implement:
  • using non/low-toxic bath/body products on my son and myself
  • make my own non-toxic house cleaning supplies
  • reusable shopping bags
  • make my son's baby food from fresh organic products

No comments:

Post a Comment