4.28.2009

Cereal Bars

So I made my own cereal bars this weekend and they turned out awesome so I thought I'd share the recipe. They are just 2 weight watchers points (for those that are counting) the way the recipe is written but I could think of some yummy things I'd add if I didnt care so much about the points (i.e. chocolate chips, different dried fruits, coconut, etc).

Dry Ingredients:
1 c Rolled Oats
3 1/2 c Kashi Go Lean Cereal
1/2 c cream of wheat
1/2 c oat bran
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs Splenda Brown

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c honey

Add-In Ingredients:
1/3 c raisins
1/3 c slivered almonds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Combine Dry Ingredients and then add Wet Ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add "Add-In" ingredients. Press mixture into a 9x13 pan greased with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into 15 bars. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment